EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Prue consistently provides clear, cost effective legal advice in connection with high volume low value claims through to advising on complex matters involving multiple parties, jurisdictional issues, dual insurance and limitation periods.
Prue’s practice also extends into the insured’s business operations to provide advice and act in employment law, commercial disputes and leasing matter.
Prue regularly conducts seminars and training for the benefit of her clients, including in the context of legislative change, comparative verdicts of the courts and settlement negotiation workshops. Prue has recently drafted, for one of Australia’s major insurers, training manuals for their new employees on Workers Compensation and Work Injury Damages in the ACT.
Prue is a strategic litigator and a sound negotiator, and is skilled in achieving early and commercial resolutions in line with the expectations of her clients.
- Regularly manages complex litigation with concurrent statutory workers compensation and common law proceedings
- Regularly manages claims involving significant past medical histories requiring substantial investigations and an understanding of complex medical terminology
- Regularly acts in claims involving psychiatric injury. This is in line with the increased prevalence of these types of claims in the ACT. Prue’s experience in the investigation and defence of these claims frequently provides for early and appropriate resolution
- Regularly provides advice and representation in multi-party litigation involving labour hire arrangements
- Regularly manages litigation bought in the Magistrates and Supreme Courts of the ACT
- Regularly provides representation for statutory workers compensation proceedings which include liability issues and the rejection of statutory entitlements by the insurer.
Ranked as a Recommended Lawyer – Workers Compensation (Defendant) in ACT by Doyle’s Guide 2020.