Our team has extensive experience in all aspects of workplace
safety and a proven track record in assisting employers and businesses with
risk management and compliance strategies. We regularly assist with matters
such as responding to regulatory environment changes through to responding to
workplace incidents. We guide businesses through stressful and difficult
regulatory investigations following workplace incidents and have plenty of
experience in successfully defending prosecutions.
EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
We can help with the full range of Work Health & Safety matters, including:
- Workers Compensation, WorkCover and injury management
- Negotiating, developing, documenting and reviewing Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) strategies, policies, plans and procedures
- Enforcement and regulatory action, including investigations
- Defending Work Health and Safety (WHS) prosecutions in courts and representing agencies at Coronial Inquests following workplace deaths
- Support for regulatory and legal OHS compliance, audits and risk assessments
- Implementing proactive risk management strategies, including advice regarding WHS compliance and management systems, due diligence requirements and significant incident management and responses
- Reviewing OHS / WHS incidents, including assistance with incident response.
STANDOUT SERVICE & RESULTS
We have a reputation for partnering with our clients to deliver the best outcomes possible in Work Health & Safety matters.
Our legal advice and services in this area are complemented by the wide experience of our dedicated Workers Compensation lawyers and the entire workplace team. Our timely, practical and cost-effective services will help you navigate matters, from the routine through to the most complex, with confidence.
Some of our recent matters include:
- Acting for a major construction company in a high-profile WorkSafe Victoria fatality prosecution with advice extended to industrial disputes and action by the CFMEU and Construction Commission audits
- Acting for a major construction company in a prosecution regarding a fatality subsequently appealed by the Attorney General to the Court of Criminal Appeal. This case is the leading authority in relation to WHS penalties in NSW
- Delivering workshop training programs to executive teams, senior managers and HR departments on WHS officers’ due diligence obligations
- Advice and representation in critical incident response management following workplace incidents involving significant injuries and fatalities for numerous employers
- Advising a waste recycling company on responses to SafeWork NSW throughout an extensive investigation following a serious workplace fire
- Assisting a local government employer in seeking review of prohibition notice issued by SafeWork NSW and compliance with statutory obligations
- Representing a national construction company in District Court proceedings where the employer pleaded not guilty to alleged breaches of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (Cth) involving a workplace fatality.
Are you looking for market-leading legal experience and expertise?
Email our team direct at firstname.lastname@example.org or click below.
MEET THE TEAM