Over the last decade, corporate collapses, public demand for transparency and the increasing powers given to regulators has put a spotlight on corporations and their senior leaders.
The landscape has become increasingly volatile with the frequency of share price related class actions rising steeply, fuelled by rapidly developing jurisprudence and commercial dynamics, including the rise of litigation funding.
Our dedicated Directors & Officers team is ideally placed to assist in regulatory investigations and in the defence of these claims. Our deep experience also ensure that our insurer clients manage their risk through the creation of competitive products.
EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Our Australia-wide service offering is broad, and includes:
- Drafting of policies and endorsements
- General overseeing advice across a portfolio, from policy wording to operational issues, transactional risk, good faith issues, premium loading and endorsements
- Managing a large number of individual claims, for both primary and excess layer insurers
- Coordinating the defence of a number of insureds, working cooperatively with other directors and officers
- Litigated claims
- Public examinations of individuals by regulators
- Public inquiries, including inquests
- Work health and safety prosecutions
- Defamation proceedings
- Harassment and other workplace misconduct claims.
We have experience across a range of industries, with a particular focus on financial institutions, clubs and associations.
STANDOUT SERVICE & RESULTS
Our claims-handling know-how and focus on commercially sensible strategies means we can abate risks and contain costs. We also aim to maximise insureds’ satisfaction in these matters, which are typically high-profile and contentious.
Our approach is backed up with deep legal and industry knowledge to deliver outstanding results.
Our expertise in this area is recognised internationally. Our Directors & Officers partners were selected to exclusively author the Australian chapter of ‘Director’s Liability and Indemnification – A Global Guide, (second edition)’. This worldwide publication is widely regarded as an essential resource for insurers and insurance-related professionals operating in the Directors & Officers insurance market.
Are you looking for market-leading legal experience and expertise?
Email our team direct at email@example.com or click below.
MEET THE TEAM