Our Planning & Environmental team has a reputation for consistently achieving excellent results for a range of clients, including local councils, statutory authorities, government departments, private individuals and developers.
In this broad and complex area, the key to our success is a deep understanding of the law combined with a forward-thinking approach and expertise in navigating the relevant systems, processes and stakeholders.
Our reputation rests on our strength across timely and practical advice, advocacy and mediation.
EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
We have experience working as sole advisors and as part of a multi-disciplinary advisory team. Our areas of expertise include:
- Representing local councils and other statutory authorities and private clients in court and administrative matters in all jurisdictions;
- Town planning and property development subdivision
- Compulsory acquisition and compensation
- Due diligence
- Built, cultural and Aboriginal heritage
- Land and groundwater contamination
- Gaming, liquor and other licensing.
We have experience assisting clients with:
- Planning and environmental strategy and advice
- Preparation of planning agreements and planning scheme amendments
- Land and Environment Court, panel hearings and appeals
- Planning appeals and applications for review
- Interpreting planning schemes and related legislation
- Policy, compliance, regulations and related issues
- Prosecutions and enforcement orders
- Compulsory acquisition of land and compensation claims
- Environmental issues, water resources and agricultural development
- Environmental litigation, licensing, impact assessment, audits and management systems
- Appeals against open space contributions and other development levies
- Controls issues arising under heritage legislation of each state and territory
- Drafting, varying and removing easements and restrictive covenants
- Residential, commercial and industrial developments
- Removal of vegetation and net gain requirements.
STANDOUT SERVICE & RESULTS
We have represented councils and other statutory authorities in a wide variety of commercial and litigious matters involving regulation of development and environmental impacts. Our practice includes advising statutory authorities on governance and probity issues.
We have assisted clients to deliver some of the largest developments in Australia, each with its own complexity in terms of controls, overlays and political environment. However, our experience is broad, and our national footprint means we can assist a variety of clients at all stages of property and planning projects.
No matter the size of the project, all clients benefit from our client-centric service delivery model which drives our capacity to deliver a high-quality and efficient service.
Are you looking for market-leading legal experience and expertise?
Email our team direct at firstname.lastname@example.org or click below.