EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Nigel’s clients include local and state government, a major telecommunications carrier, major insurers and self-insured corporations across most sectors.
Nigel’s practice areas include:
- Alternative dispute resolution / mediation
- Bush fire class actions
- Catastrophic mechanical failures caused by negligent design, manufacture and operational abuse
- Contractual interpretation and disputes
- Fraudulent claims
- Multi-party actions for property damage and business interruption costs relating to contract works
- Personal injuries
- Property damage, public liability and recovery claims relating to building, construction, contract works, impact, fire, mechanical engineering, storm and water damage, telecommunications, utilities and third party negligence
- Proportionate liability
- Public liability claims relating to injuries caused by defective equipment and involving manufacturers, suppliers and Australian Consumer Law provisions.
Nigel’s skills and experience mean he is extremely adept at conducting almost any type of legal dispute in a timely, pragmatic and cost effective manner.
Nigel is recognised as a highly skilled negotiator with a common sense approach and a strong focus on alternative dispute resolution. He has regularly represents clients before a wide range of state courts and tribunals and has appeared in a large number of successful mediations and settlement conferences.
Nigel is also our Melbourne Pro Bono Partner and a member of our National Pro Bono Committee, having forged a strong relationship with the Inner Melbourne Community Legal Service and overseeing a free legal clinic staffed by the firm’s lawyers.
Ranked as a Leading Lawyer – Dust Diseases (Defendant) in Victoria by Doyle’s Guide since 2019.