We have significant experience in managing professional conduct and disciplinary matters for health professionals and organisations, government agencies and regulatory bodies.
Our team has successfully managed many large-scale,
complex, and media-sensitive disciplinary matters. Our lawyers are specialists
in the field. They understand issues affecting the healthcare industry and the
complexities of the compliance and disciplinary landscape.
EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Our experience and expertise in this area is wide, extending to:
- Providing advice about disciplinary matters resulting from competence and performance, impairment (including addiction to drugs and mental health issues), and fitness to practice (including sexual misconduct, breach of professional boundaries, and dishonesty, theft or fraud)
- Preparing submissions and providing statements in response to allegations and in the course of professional conduct investigations
- Providing advice about employment and workplace issues and litigation, including workplace health and safety, alleged breaches of contracts of employment and for services, credentialing and scope of practice issues, bullying, discrimination, performance management, misconduct investigations, disciplinary action and termination of employment
- Appearing on applications for review of decisions in respect of emergency action, registration and health issues
- Representing practitioners in connection with public service investigations
- Providing advice about trespass, assault, negligence causing grievous bodily harm and death, sexual assault, dangerous driving of a motor vehicle, breaches of drugs and poisons regulations, breaches of medical registration legislation, various traffic offences, and perjury
- Providing advice about the privilege against self-incrimination and penalty privilege
- Criminal prosecutions, including appearing at and/or instructing counsel in connection with drafting complaints and summons, trials and sentencing hearings, and other related court appearances
- Medicare investigations and reviews
- Acting for Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency in notification litigation and statutory prosecutions.
STANDOUT SERVICE & RESULTS
often involve sensitive subject matters and can have far-reaching implications.
Our lawyers are respected for their legal knowledge, adept negotiation skills
and strategic matter management. They work closely
with our clients to manage their priorities and objectives in these critical
Are you looking for market-leading legal experience and expertise?
Email our team direct at email@example.com or click below.
MEET THE TEAM