Experience & Expertise
Christine is a skilled litigator with considerable experience in managing complex matters on behalf of government bodies (including regulators) as well as insured professionals. She is highly regarded by clients for her expertise in use of alternative dispute resolution techniques to achieve effective resolution of litigated matters.
Prior to her career in law, Christine practised as an occupational therapist.
Christine has conducted matters in all Queensland Courts, the Federal Court of Australia, and the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (previously the Health Practitioners Tribunal).
Christine’s broader health law experience includes:
- Assisting regulators and health care professionals with respect to professional conduct investigations and disciplinary proceedings instituted by regulators and/or Queensland Health
- Assisting medical practitioners and health care facilities in Coronial Inquests
- The management of medical negligence claims including catastrophic claims, such as claims by those suffering quadriplegia, paraplegia, birth injuries and dependency claims
- Assisting health care practitioners with the provision of statements and submissions to the Queensland Police Service, the Crime and Corruption Commission, professional and regulatory bodies, and the Ethical Standards Unit of Queensland Health
- Assisting practitioners with Medicare inquiries and complaints
- Representing health professionals in Royal Commissions / Commissions of Inquiry
- Advising with respect to Therapeutic Goods Administration requirements
- Advising with respect to data and privacy breaches and the management of matters reported to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Publication and Papers
Christine regularly presents on health law-related topics at workplace training and professional conferences.
Awards / Accolades
Ranked in the peer-reviewed Best Lawyers® in Australia list for:
- Insurance Law since 2020
- Medical Negligence since 2022.
Ranked in Doyle’s Guide as a Leading Medical Negligence (Defendant) Lawyer –Queensland, since 2016
Ranked in Doyle’s Guide as a Leading Professional Indemnity (Defendant) Lawyer –Queensland, since 2020