The duties and responsibilities of directors and boards are onerous, complex and ever-changing. Our corporate lawyers regularly help guide company directors, company secretaries, and key management personnel navigate the full spectrum of corporate governance issues.
EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Our dedicated Corporate Governance lawyers have experience and expertise advising on:
- Directors duties and liabilities
- Compliance with the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and ASX continuous disclosure requirements
- ASIC and ASX investigations
- Corporate governance policies for listed and unlisted corporations
- Best practice corporate governance protocols and conducting training sessions for company boards and key management personnel
- Annual and extraordinary general meetings and preparing board and general meeting notices
- Australian financial reporting requirements
- Employee incentive plans and programs
- Company constitutions
- Directors and officers indemnities and insurance
- Advising on executive remuneration and appointments, and removal of directors, advising on related party transactions, disclosure issues, pre-emptive rights, and share trading protocols.
Acting for foreign companies
Our team has acted for a large number of foreign companies in relation to compliance with their Australian legal requirements.
Our experience includes:
- Incorporation of Australian subsidiary companies and registration as a foreign company branch in Australia
- Expansion of businesses into Australia – partnership, joint venture, supplier and manufacturing contracts
- Australian corporate law requirements, including corporate governance, ASX Listing Rules, financial reporting and statutory requirements
- Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) requirements and assisting with obtaining FIRB clearances
- Australian equity capital raising process and securities offering laws
- Assisting foreign-incorporated companies to list on Australian securities exchanges (either directly or through an Australian listing vehicle)
- Assisting with intra-group transactions, including intellectual property assignments and licences, management services and lending arrangements.
STANDOUT SERVICE & RESULTS
Our client-focused approach is complemented by our broad experience with both listed and unlisted companies and deep understanding of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), ASX Listing Rules and other corporate regulatory frameworks.
Are you looking for market-leading legal experience and expertise?
Email our team direct at firstname.lastname@example.org or click below.
MEET THE TEAM