We advise and represent major insurers and self-insured corporations throughout Australia. We’ve successfully managed hundreds of multi-million dollar claims and are committed to providing the specialist expertise that this area of law demands.
Along with in-depth general claims experience, our lawyers have a comprehensive understanding of the law relating to catastrophic claims and experience in dealing with complex and intricate medical, quantum and liability issues. Our lawyers have also built expertise in support areas, including accident reconstruction and engineering concepts.
EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Our Catastrophic Claims team handles claims resulting from motor accidents, industrial accidents, medical negligence and public or product liability claims.
The practice focuses on the most severe classes of injury, including:
- Acquired brain injury
- Hemiplegia, paraplegia, quadriplegia and tetraplegia
- Psychiatric injury
- Devastating injuries to infants and children.
We also have substantial experience in dealing with claims involving fatalities, including compensation to relatives and other dependency claims, nervous shock claims and coronial inquests which often arise from fatal accidents.
STANDOUT SERVICE & RESULTS
Our Catastrophic Claims team is led by senior lawyers who are respected for their legal knowledge, sharp negotiation skills and strategic matter management. We prioritise ongoing and inclusive consultation with insureds and work collaboratively with clients to streamline processes and improve outcomes.
Our team has built a solid reputation for:
- Accurately assessing the appropriate reserve for claims
- Timely investigation and rapid determination of liability and indemnity issues
- Solving problems involving ongoing treatment and rehabilitation issues
- Providing sound advice directed at maximising claimants’ functional recoveries which can ultimately reduce claims costs significantly (in claims where insurers have responsibility for interim treatment)
- Determined efforts at early, sensible and cost-effective resolution
- Intelligent initiatives to contain claims costs
- Firmly litigating claims that require a staunch defence or a litigated conclusion.
Are you looking for market-leading legal experience and expertise?
Email our team direct at email@example.com or click below.