Our lawyers have a depth of experience and exceptional skills in this area. Combined with a sound strategic approach, we’re well placed to respond effectively to the unique process of coronial inquests to determine the manner and cause of death without apportioning blame or liability.
EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Our lawyers have acted for a multitude of professionals and organisations in the medical and allied health services fields.
We have also assisted persons and organisations in the non-medical field in coronial inquests including:
- Construction companies and building contractors
- Detention centre operators
- Local councils
- Swimming pool operators
- Amusement park operators
- Gym operators
Coronial inquests and inquiries often have legal, political and public relations implications. We work closely with our clients to identify and achieve their objectives in these critical areas.
Our team can:
- Immediately respond and attend on clients following receipt of instructions
- Gather statements and deal with first responders, families, media, police, counsel assisting the Coroner and others
- Brief clients on strategic management of delicate issues raised as a result of the inquest or inquiry
- Advise on rights and obligations under the Coroners Act in each jurisdiction: Coroners Act 1997 (ACT), Coroners Act 2009 (NSW), Coroners Act 2003 (Qld), Coroners Act 2008 (Vic), Coroners Act 1996 (WA)
- Help minimise the impact of any negative coronial findings through strategic planning
- Help manage the risks associated with evidence adduced at inquests and any future litigation
- Prepare submissions to the Coroner on the evidence to assist with findings and recommendations.
Our lawyers regularly appear at inquests themselves to ensure our clients’ positions are articulated and understood. We also brief counsel where necessary. In every case we work collaboratively with our clients to assist them in understanding the coronial process and the ongoing ramifications of findings and recommendations.
STANDOUT SERVICE & RESULTS
Our lawyers bring skill, efficiency and empathy to their work at every step – whether they’re analysing medical records, explaining medical issues, briefing medical experts or communicating with family members.
Are you looking for market-leading legal experience and expertise?
Email our team direct at firstname.lastname@example.org or click below.
MEET THE TEAM