Our experienced team is
familiar with the intricacies of the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) and state and federal
discrimination laws. We provide both contentious
and non-contentious advice in this area and represent private and public sector
EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Our expertise covers:
- Defending unlawful discrimination claims under State and Federal laws before regulators, tribunals and courts
- Advising on applications for exemption under the States and Federal unlawful discrimination laws
- Applications for injunctions in respect of discrimination claims
- Defending adverse action / general protection matters under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) involving unlawful discrimination
- Conducting investigations in relation to allegations of discrimination, bullying and harassment
- Drafting and reviewing discrimination, equal opportunity, bullying and harassment and related human resource policies
- Discrimination, bullying and harassment training
- Compliance and strategic advice relating to equal opportunity and anti-discrimination measures
STANDOUT SERVICE & RESULTS
In this area, an agile and responsive legal service is essential – and that’s what we provide.
We’re at the forefront of developments under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth), and regularly conduct training sessions to employers in relation to this emerging jurisdiction.
Our lawyers understand the sensitivities and sense of urgency that are often involved in these matters and have the knowledge and legal skills to protect clients’ interests.
Examples of some of our recent work include:
- Advice relating to public and private sector employers complaints concerning sexual harassment, unlawful workplace discrimination and victimisation
- Investigation and resolution of a sexual harassment claim by a senior executive of a major Australian insurer
- Defending a discrimination claim in the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal against our client alleging failure to provide reasonable adjustments
- Facilitating multiple training workshops for the company’s HR team and frontline managers for responding to and investigating workplace complaints and grievances
- Defending a complex discrimination claim against a large Victorian health network involving the provision of female-only maternity care
- Advising a national construction company on applicable legislative anti-discrimination protections when applying redundancy selection criteria
- Advice and policy formulation for education providers on managing Additional Learning Needs programs and resolution of related enrolment disputes
- Advising a NSW local council on a complaint of serious bullying and sexual harassment and assistance in commissioning an external investigation and subsequent dismissal of a long-standing staff member who had breached workplace policies
- Representing a national insurance company's NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal proceedings in defence of a claimant’s allegation that he was subjected to unlawful discrimination on the ground of disability in the provision of goods and services.
Are you looking for market-leading legal experience and expertise?
Email our team direct at email@example.com or click below.
MEET THE TEAM