EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
George acts on behalf of a range of individuals involved in professional indemnity disputes including accountants, pharmacists, solicitors, real estate agents, engineers, architects, valuers, councillors and land and building surveyors.
George’s recent experience include matters such as:
- Acting for a firm of solicitors joined as a third party to a large multi-party Supreme Court proceeding relating to a series of loan transactions between the plaintiff lender and defendant borrowers. The claim involved alleged failures in drafting loan agreements and breaches of the National Credit Code. The case proceeded to trial but was discontinued on the first day of trial with costs awarded in favour of the client.
- Defending Supreme Court proceedings brought by a self-represented litigant against a solicitor involving alleged negligence, duress, lodging caveats without consent and missing limitations periods. The case proceeded to trial with the solicitor obtaining judgment and costs.
- Acting for a councillor in County Court of Victoria proceedings brought by the DPP and, separately, investigations and public hearings conducted by the Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Committee
- Acting in a disciplinary proceeding brought against a pharmacist by the Pharmacy Board of Australia in VCAT
- Acting for architects in multiple disciplinary proceedings brought by the Architects Registration Board of Victoria
- Acting for several real estate agents involving misleading and deceptive conduct claims
- Acting for several accountants involving allegations of negligent preparation of, and advice surrounding, individual and company tax returns, business activity statements and accounts.