Our highly experienced Medical Malpractice team offers expertise across all medical indemnity issues and delivers legal services across the full medico-legal spectrum.
with medical defence organisations, insurers,
healthcare professionals and healthcare institutions to manage medical
negligence claims, coronial investigations, inquests and commissions of
Our proactive national
team identifies and monitors global, national and local medico-legal trends.
This helps us to provide the very best legal service, as we assist with matters
ranging from basic ‘slipping claims’ in hospitals through to complex litigation
involving multi-factorial, catastrophic medical events.
EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Our experience and expertise covers:
- Advising on medical indemnity issues
- Addressing associated public liability, privacy, freedom of information issues, mental health issues, anti-discrimination and defamation claims
- Dealing with patient complaints before they escalate to a claim
- Navigating disputes involving visiting medical officers, training colleges, professional organisations, government departments and other private authorities
- Managing complex, high-value and ultra-sensitive matters and litigation
- Responding to public service investigations and disciplinary proceedings
- Managing Medicare investigations and reviews, Professional Service Review hearings, and public service investigations and disciplinary proceedings.
STANDOUT SERVICE & RESULTS
We’ve gained unparalleled insight and perspective from working with clients who cover the gamut of the healthcare sector – from public hospitals, private hospitals, allied health providers and individual practitioners.
Our lawyers have the skills to manage overlapping issues and produce the best result in medical malpractice cases. They do this without compromise to the ethical and legal implications inherent in these highly sensitive matters. We also understand that reputational issues loom large in the medical and healthcare fields. Our approach is sensitive to the need for ongoing consultation and collaboration.
Are you looking for market-leading legal experience and expertise?
Email our team direct at firstname.lastname@example.org or click below.