We capably assist clients in the private and public
sectors and can advise on the
entire termination process, from investigation of allegations of misconduct, to
disciplinary process and defending claims arising from redundancy and termination
EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Our experience and expertise covers:
- Conducting workplace investigations, including breach of workplace policies and misconduct
- Advising on disciplinary process and action and approach to effecting termination, including handling unions
- Advising on redundancy and redeployment
- Common law breach of contract, unfair dismissal, summary dismissal, unlawful terminations and adverse action / general protections claims under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth)
- Industrial disputes and industrial action taken in relation to termination.
STANDOUT SERVICE & RESULTS
We provide a comprehensive legal service, helping you to understand your obligations around terminating a member of staff. Our timely, practical and cost-effective services will help you navigate matters from the routine through to the most complex.
We safeguard your interests and put you in the position where you have the best chance of successfully defending any claims. Our strategic advice can also provide essential insights in respect of workforce planning.
Some recent matters include:
- Defending a publicly listed company against joint adverse action and breach of contract claim in the Federal Court against our client alleging demotion and constructive dismissal
- Defending a NSW local council against an unfair contract claim in the Supreme Court of NSW brought by a former senior staff member who alleged his statutory prescribed contract of employment unfairly allowed for his termination without procedural fairness
- Acting for a NSW local council in a dispute with a high profile former senior staff member relating to the termination of his standard contract of employment.
Are you looking for market-leading legal experience and expertise?
Email our team direct at email@example.com or click below.