As a national law firm with a significant depth of legal resources across many areas of law, we’re well-placed to deliver a seamless legal service to the Australian Government. In 2019 we were appointed to the Whole of Australian Government Panel in numerous categories within Workplace, Industrial Relations and Compensation; Corporate and Commercial; Public Law and Property and Environment.
We understand the particular needs of government departments and agencies, and deal with the full spectrum of issues facing government. Our Australian Government legal team can assist with day-to-day operations and has also represented government in some of Australia’s most complex, high profile and sensitive matters.
EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Our understanding of the Australian Government, and its operating environment and challenges, is built on years of experience working with scores of government agencies including under the previous Legal Services Multi-Use List arrangements.
Lawyers in our Australian Government teams have experience across:
- Government law including developing and drafting instruments and all supporting material, briefings and responses to scrutiny
- Administrative law including drafting decisions, and managing merits and judicial review proceedings, on behalf of government agencies
- All classes of insurance law
- Personal injury and liability law
- Employment law, including workplace health and safety matters
- Litigation, including dispute resolution and model litigant obligations
- Planning and environment
- Property and development
- Commercial law
- Construction law
- Coronial inquiries
- Procurement and tendering
- Governance and probity
- Debt recovery
- Freedom of information, privacy and public interest disclosure
- Human rights and discrimination.
We focus on providing government clients with worthwhile commercial outcomes and value for money, while supporting them to:
- Satisfy changing statutory and regulatory requirements
- Deal fairly with stakeholders and interest groups
- Carefully manage risk
- Avoid conflicts of interest.
STANDOUT SERVICE & RESULTS
Our client-centric service delivery model drives our capacity to deliver a centrally managed, high-quality and efficient service to government. To achieve this deep understanding of our government clients’ operating environment and needs, we:
- Nurture long-term, productive relationships with government’s internal and external stakeholders
- Encourage strong working relationships within our teams
- Thoughtfully align our business, employment practices and professional behaviour with government’s ethical and cultural environment, including support of diversity, flexible working conditions and the equitable, non-discriminatory selection of counsel, experts and suppliers
- Actively support the ongoing training and skill development of our clients’ people
- Cooperate on resourcing secondments and reverse secondments.
We’re committed to continuous improvement, and place emphasis on relationship reviews, end of file reviews and improvement initiatives. We deploy the best in technology and align our systems with agency and departmental requirements to help smooth things out on a practical level. At the other end of the spectrum, we have our eyes on the broader issues which have consequences for government’s operations and reputation and proactively address these.
Our ability to scale delivery capability to serve government means our government clients can be confident we have the leadership, infrastructure and resources to roll out a consistent approach and perform dependably across the country.
Are you looking for market-leading legal experience and expertise?
Email our team direct at email@example.com or click below.
MEET THE TEAM