EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Jamie commenced her career as a plaintiff personal injury lawyer acting on behalf of injured claimants across various areas of insurance litigation, including matters arising from motor vehicle accidents, workplace accidents, medical negligence and public liability claims.
For the last decade, Jamie has practised exclusively in the area of CTP insurance litigation, defending both complex and general claims on behalf of various major Australian insurers. She currently manages CTP claims for Suncorp, NRMA Insurance and Allianz.
Jamie is a Law Society of NSW Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury, and has been involved in all aspects of the litigation and dispute resolution process. This includes matters before the Supreme and District Courts in NSW, and the State Insurance Regulatory Authority.
She takes a practical approach focussed on early resolution of claims, where possible, to ensure her client’s matters are brought to resolution as cost-effectively and expeditiously as possible, avoiding unnecessary litigation expenses. She has also been successful in achieving favourable outcomes for her clients at trial in the District Court of NSW and the Court of Appeal.
Jamie’s experience includes:
- Advocacy in SIRA’s Dispute Resolution Service and District Court of NSW
- Managing and appearing in General and Special assessments in SIRA’s Dispute Resolution Service
- Managing late claim disputes including s73 and s109 motions
- Managing MAS disputes including MAS reviews and further assessments
- Managing litigated matters in the District and Supreme Courts of NSW
- Defending Nominal defendant claims
- Managing claims involving multiple defendants, complex causation issues and dual insurance issues.
Ranked in the peer-reviewed Best Lawyers® in Australia list for Insurance Law 2024