Today, our Workers Compensation team is one of the largest in Australia. We act for the majority of Workers Compensation insurers, Commonwealth and state schemes, numerous captive insurers, self-insurers and other risk carriers throughout Australia.
With our long track record, depth of experience and commitment to excellent service, we have a reputation as market leaders in Workers Compensation law. Our lawyers have been appointed to expert committees, advisory bodies and user groups, and as examiners in the NSW specialist accreditation scheme in personal injury law.
EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
We regularly handle matters covering the full spectrum of Workers Compensation issues, including:
- Defence of workers compensation and work injury damages claims
- Claims for contribution between joint tortfeasors
- Major and catastrophic claims
- Common law issues
- Provisional liability advice
- Recovery actions
- Contractual indemnity/insurance procurement clauses
- Deemed workers and subcontractors
- Dust and toxic tort litigation
- Fatality claims
- Journey claims
- Permanent impairment assessments
- Principal’s indemnity extensions and associated dual insurance issues
- Related WHS/OH&S and employment matters
- Stress and psychological injury claims
- Territory or State of connection and choice of law issues.
We also provide training on the operation of relevant state and territory legislation and can assist with workplace injury management and return to work strategies.
STANDOUT SERVICE & RESULTS
Our successful workers compensation practice is underpinned by these core values:
- Consistency and continuity
The same lawyer will handle a claim from commencement to conclusion. Where appropriate, we work cohesively with our workplace, catastrophic claims and dust diseases teams to ensure all implications of any workers compensation claim can be assessed and managed from the time of the event until finalisation of litigation.
- Effective communication
We provide clients with prompt, regular and full reports and give definitive advice on liability and quantum as soon as possible.
- Efficiency and cost minimisation
Our statistical tracking indicates 97% of matters we handle resolve by settlement, with just over 2% determined at hearing, and a further 1% on appeal.
Our lawyers are ready to step in with general advice or make themselves available on short notice to attend meetings with clients. We help clients stay informed by communicating important developments in the law and arranging free seminars.
- Client-centred focus
We play a constructive role in establishing and maintaining good relations with your customers to ensure they remain satisfied policyholders.
Are you looking for market-leading legal experience and expertise?
Email our team direct at email@example.com or click below.
MEET THE TEAM