EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Andreanna advises her clients on a range of construction-related litigated matters. These include claims concerning breach of contract, negligence, misleading and deceptive conduct and defective works, disputes concerning planning and building permits, disputes under the Building Act and regulations and disputes concerning protection works.
Key matters Andreanna has worked on include:
- Advised in a protection works dispute concerning a multi-million dollar tower development in Melbourne’s CBD, which involved numerous proceedings in the Victorian Courts, the Building Appeals Board, the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal and the High Court of Australia.
- Advised a major builder in relation to claims made against it by owners in a multi-million dollar development in Kew.
- Assisted in various claims against local Councils concerning planning and building matters, including claims of negligence in issuing planning and building permits and allegations of negligence in planning and construction matters.
- Assisted in a multi-party professional indemnity claim worth over $70 million concerning upgrades to fire protection services and fire safety measures in a major hospital in Alice Springs.
- Assisted in the defence of a European entity in connection with a professional indemnity claim of up to $500 million concerning the $5 billion desalination plant built in Victoria.