Experience & Expertise
Since joining Moray & Agnew in 2017, Joshua has focused primarily on property and leasing work and has gained significant exposure to government leasing and shopping centre leasing.
In his previous role, Joshua acted for clients in numerous property and commercial law matters, including providing front end (drafting) and back end (litigation) services for clients ranging from small ‘one off’ matters to long term corporate clients where he worked closely with the client across the spectrum of legal requirements in connection with their commercial interests over several years.
Joshua is known to provide fast turnaround time to clients and is trusted for his experience in particular in leasing matters.
- Acting for the Victorian Government in drafting and negotiating leases (including renewals) of premises for occupation by various government departments across Victoria and for providing relevant advices on new and existing leases
- Acting for a large shopping centre owner in connection with the drafting, negotiation and/or renewal of leases and associated requirements
- Advising various small, medium and large clients on the terms of proposed and existing leases, how they accord with the agreed commercial terms as understood by that party, and recommending appropriate amendments
- Drafting and reviewing various lease related and unrelated commercial agreements
- Acting for both vendors and purchasers of residential and commercial land