EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Phil is expert in a number of key areas important to his corporate and commercial clients. These include:
- A deep expertise in mergers and acquisitions. Phil assists owners of businesses and corporations with achieving successful exit transactions, and also advises buyers including public and private corporations, private equity groups and principal investors on acquisitions of target businesses and companies.
- Advising on a long list of capital raising and finance transactions, including IPOs, backdoor listings/reverse takeovers, venture capital funding, debt finance transactions, and private placements, rights issues, and share purchase plans
- Providing commercial contract advice to listed and unlisted business clients across a wide variety of industries. He prepares and advises on the important contractual agreements that are required for our clients to effectively conduct business operations and execute commercial transactions.
- Extensive expertise in the protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights, including trademarks, copyright, confidential information, trade secrets and privacy rights
- Advising foreign-incorporated companies with inbound investment, having acted for a multitude of foreign companies with their investment activities in Australia, obtaining Foreign Investment Review Board approvals and advising on Australian regulatory compliance and securities offering laws.
Phil is recognised for being a dynamic and business-minded commercial lawyer. He has a strong dedication to helping his clients achieve successful outcomes in their corporate and commercial ventures.
There are many examples of his ability to conclude deals successfully for his clients.
A snapshot of Phil’s recent Mergers and Acquisition matters includes:
- Acted for Pelligra Group on acquisition of and joint venture for Dandenong Plaza site
- Advising private Victorian medical and allied health group on sale of medical practices to National PE-backed medical group
- Advising International investment group on roll up acquisitions of Australian dental industry businesses
- Acted for ASX-listed company on purchase of Australian strata management business
- Advising family office on acquisition of a portfolio of food, healthcare and wellness businesses
- Advising Australian gold mining exploration company on sale to London Stock Exchange AIM-listed company
- Advising European solar energy firm on structured debt facilities and business expansion to Australian market.
A snapshot of recent experience in equity capital markets transactions includes:
- Advising Patagonia Lithium Ltd (ASX:PL3) on its ASX Listing
- Advising Lightning Minerals Ltd (ASX:L1M) on its ASX Listing
- Advising Western Mines Group Ltd (ASX: WMG) on its ASX Listing
- Advising Candy Club Holdings Limited (ASX:CLB) on its ASX Listing, as well as secondary raisings and non-renounceable rights issue
- Advising Lifespot Health Ltd (ASX:LSH) on its ASX Listing
- Advising Tymlez Group Limited (ASX:TYM) on its ASX Listing, as well as renounceable rights issue
- Advising SenSen Networks (ASX:SNS) on its backdoor listing with Orpheus Energy Limited
- Advising Golden Mile Resources Ltd (ASX:G88) on its ASX Listing, as well as Share Purchase Plan.
Examples of recent commercial transactions include:
- Australian and international supply and distribution agreements for Australian product suppliers
- Advising on a fund management joint venture and an equity stakeholder agreement
- Acting for a family office in relation to strategic equity investments into target businesses, and the preparation of a number of shareholder agreements with equity partners to govern such investments
- Acting for an Australian clothing retailer on Australian and International distribution and wholesaler agreements
- Advising a range of mining companies on the acquisition and disposal of mining tenements, mineral royalty agreements, joint ventures and farm-in agreements
- Advising large private business on implementing Shareholder and Unitholder Agreements for stakeholders, and Buy-Sell Deed to provide for insurance and equity transfers on death and disability events.