We have a strong reputation in this area and have acted in numerous matters involving financial institutions, from the major banks to smaller financial institutions.
We have a deep understanding of the insurance market underwriting financial institutions and up-to-date knowledge of the legislative and regulatory regime affecting financial organisations.
EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Our experience and expertise in this complex area extends to:
- Defending claims in all Australian jurisdictions, including specialised jurisdictions dealing with financial institutions claims (in particular, the Australian Financial Complaints Authority)
- Advising underwriters of all major Australian banks and institutions, major international investment banks, fund managers, financial advisers and stockbrokers
- Coverage advice and policy interpretation
- Claims in respect of directors and officers, as well as substantial first party losses under bond, crime and fidelity covers (including cybercrime)
- Professional indemnity claims relating to core banking or financial activities and also the liability of trustees, responsible entities / fund managers and wealth adviser networks
- Class actions affecting the Australian financial sector
- Prospectus liability claims.
STANDOUT SERVICE & RESULTS
We assist our insurer clients to manage claims, develop products and – most importantly – remain profitable when writing risk in this area.
Our expertise and focus on nurturing long-term relationships with our clients means we’re the go-to team for clients looking to negotiate the potential minefield of issues in the financial institutions sector of insurance.
Are you looking for market-leading legal experience and expertise?
Email our team direct at email@example.com or click below.
CONTACT US MEET THE TEAM