We offer unparalleled expertise in security of payment legislation across Australia. We are leaders in this specialised area and have successfully conducted hundreds of matters for principals and contractors, including landmark proceedings in the High Court of Australia.
Most of the senior members of our team are registered adjudicators, including partner Sean O’Sullivan who is a senior adjudicator in seven of Australia’s States and Territories, and a member of the Advisory Board of the Adjudication Research and Reporting Unit at the University of NSW. Bill Papastergiadis and James Collier have also been accrediated as Adjudicators.
EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
We can help with:
- Advising on compliance issues
- Advising principals and contractors on technical drafting issues
- Assisting with the formulation of positive and defensive security of payment related strategies
- Assisting with the preparation of payment claims and payment schedules
- Commencing and defending adjudication proceedings
- Providing considered and pragmatic prospects advice
- Assisting with seeking or defending enforcement of judgments
- Advising on the provisions and interpretation of the legislation.
STANDOUT SERVICE & RESULTS
Our team is well placed to offer unique insight into the operation of the legislation and the types of issues which will disqualify claims under the legislation. A number of members of our Construction & Projects team are qualified to act as adjudicators under the security of payments legislation, and have collectively undertaken a multitude of adjudications – with none of those subject to an appeal.
Are you looking for market-leading legal experience and expertise?
Email our team direct at email@example.com or click below.
MEET THE TEAM