EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Loukia effectively manages claims to achieve early resolution. A skilled negotiator, Loukia is committed to providing clients with a high level of service and advice.
Her work has included providing advice on claims involving complex medical and causation issues. She has extensive experience in the drafting of detailed submissions for the Medical Assessment Service.
Prior to joining our CTP team, Loukia commenced her legal career working in our Newcastle office as a lawyer specialising in commercial, property, building and construction litigation, representing various private and corporate clients in connection with commercial, mining, building and construction litigation claims. The period of time that Loukia spent in the commercial environment provided her with a wide breadth of general commercial and litigation experience.
She has appeared and instructed Counsel in the Court of Appeal, Supreme Court of New South Wales, District and Local Courts.
Her approach is driven towards the early resolution of claims to ensure her client’s matters are managed as cost-effectively and expeditiously as possible.
Loukia is committed to achieving commercial results for her clients. Her science background give her particular skills which are regularly applied to investigating and assessing claims.
Loukia is also involved in the firm’s pro bono initiative.
Loukia’s experience includes:
- Representing defendants in a wide range of courts, including the High Court, Court of Appeal, Supreme Court and District Court
- Managing litigated CTP matters in the District Court of NSW
- Preparing for and appearing in a range of Notices of Motion in relation to late claim disputes, s73, s85/85A motions and other interlocutory applications under the Motor Accidents Compensation Act 1999 (NSW)
- Advice and conduct of SIRA’s Dispute Resolution Service Claims including drafting submissions and managing all aspects of the dispute
- Managing general assessments in the Claims Assessment and Resolution Service
- Acting on behalf of CTP insurers in Administrative Review in the Supreme Court of NSW in relation to errors within certificates
- Defence of Nominal Defendant claims
- Advising and managing claims in which indemnity has been denied by the insurer
- Advising and managing the defence of litigated s151Z recoveries under the Workers Compensation Act 1987 (NSW)
- Advising in claims where there is an interplay between the Motor Accidents Compensation Act 1999 (NSW) and the Workers’ Compensation Act 1987 (NSW) including defences under s151Z(2)
- Acting in matters where there is a cross over between the Motor Accidents Compensation Act 1999 and the Civil Liability Act 2002 (NSW)
- Advising on claims under the Motor Accident Injuries Act 2017 (NSW).