Over the years, our Professional Indemnity team has handled thousands of cases for Australian and international insurers and their insureds. From the most complex multi-party cases in the higher courts to routine litigation in lower courts and tribunals, our clear and certain advice gives our clients confidence in this challenging field.
EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Our defence and coverage expertise in managing professional indemnity claims covers all Australian jurisdictions. Our experience extends to all major classes of professionals, including:
- Accountants and auditors
- Architects and draftspersons
- Customs agents
- Doctors and other health professionals
- Educational institutions
- Financial services professionals (including stockbrokers, financial planners, mortgage and finance brokers)
- Government (federal, state and local)
- Information technology professionals
- Insurance brokers
- Lawyers, barristers and patent attorneys
- Mining and infrastructure project participants
- Real estate agents and valuers
- Rural and agronomic advisers
- Rural brokers and agronomists
- Stock agents
- Superannuation fund trustees
- Veterinary surgeons.
We handle claims for damages and provide coverage advice, along with advice and representation in relation to:
- Civil disputes, litigated and unlitigated
- Disciplinary and regulatory proceedings
- Employment practices/liability claims including discrimination and harassment
- WHS prosecutions
- Defamation actions
- Coronial inquests, statutory inquiries and Australian Securities and Investments Commission investigations
- Royal Commissions and Commissions of Inquiry.
STANDOUT SERVICE & RESULTS
We deliver unequivocal advice that gives our insurer clients confidence in this area, while also working closely with the insured and brokers to ensure open dialogue and sensible discussion on problematic indemnity issues.
We are keenly aware of the insured’s role in professional indemnity claims and have assisted Australia’s leading professionals in litigation in which their professional judgment and standing are under direct challenge. Our sensitivity and consideration assists professionals through the sometimes lengthy and arduous process of liability claims or disciplinary investigations.
Are you looking for market-leading legal experience and expertise?
Email our team direct at firstname.lastname@example.org or click below.