EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Yianni has a broad range of experience in advising on construction projects and disputes. Hw acts for developers, builders, subcontractors, consultants, financiers, insurers and councils in front-end and back-end advice and representation.
Yianni’s front-end experience includes advisory work, drafting construction contracts and other construction related agreements and negotiating on contract terms.
His back-end experience includes acting for clients in a range of construction disputes and appearing in Victorian Courts, VCAT, the Building Appeals Board and adjudication.
Yianni also specialises in resolving construction disputes when they are at an early stage and before litigation.
Yianni’s experience includes:
- Acting in construction disputes and litigation involving claims for payment, delays, defects, breach of contract, misleading and deceptive conduct, extensions of time, variations, latent conditions, delay costs and liquidated damages
- Acting for claimants and respondents with respect to claims arising from the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 2002 (Vic) including drafting payment claims, payment schedules and adjudication applications and responses and advising on rights of recovery under the SOP Act
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating project documents including construction contracts and other construction related agreements
- Drafting and advising on the suite of Australian Standard contracts (i.e. AS4000, AS4902, AS2124 and AS4300) for developers and builders
- Advising, reviewing and drafting contractual notices including notices of dispute, extension of time claims, variation claims and delay cost claims
- Advising on various construction projects including residential, commercial and retail projects
- Acting in diverse projects such as power and renewables and drafting contracts for these projects including design and construct contracts, engineering, procurement and construction contracts, and equipment supply and maintenance contracts
- Acting for a range of builders on front-end and back-end construction matters including Metricon, Simonds, Element Five, Vcon and Balmain.
Yianni adopts a commercial approach to his practice and his expertise of the construction industry assists him in understanding and meeting his clients’ needs.