EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
As a leading construction lawyer and heading Moray & Agnew’s construction & infrastructure practice, he has significant experience in the resolution of security of payment and construction disputes through adjudication, litigation, arbitration, expert determination and mediation.
Sean has acted in many construction and building actions involving allegations of defective work, professional negligence and home owners’ warranty claims for and against contractors, owners and owners corporations.
Sean has acted in some of Australia’s seminal cases in the High Court of Australia and the Supreme Courts and Appellant Courts of NSW and Queensland, including:
- Probuild Constructions (Aust) Pty Ltd v Shade Systems Pty Ltd (2018) 264 CLR 1
- Mt Lewis Estate Pty Ltd v Metricon Homes Pty Ltd  NSWSC 1121
- Lahey Constructions Pty Ltd v Trident Civil Contracting Pty Ltd  NSWSC 176
- Clyde Bergemann v Varley Power  NSWSC 1039
- Chase Oyster Bar Pty Limited v Hamo Industries Pty Ltd  78 NSWLR 393
- Dualcorp Pty Ltd v Remo Constructions Pty Ltd (unreported, District Court of New South Wales, Quirk DCJ, 10 March 2009)
- Brewarrina Shire Council v Beckhaus Civil Pty Ltd  56 NSWLR 576.
He has been appointed as mediator to resolve disputes between litigants in a number of NSW District Court cases.
Sean is admitted to practise in the Supreme Court of NSW and the High Court of Australia.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Sean gained extensive project management and contract administration experience from 10 years working as a project engineer, construction manager and project manager for BHP and a NSW state-owned corporation on a host of multi-billion dollar and strategically significant projects through Australia and New Zealand.