EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Emma’s experience includes:
- Advising insurers and self-insured entities in relation to workers’ compensation claims
- Advising and defending various religious and non-religious institutions in relation to common law claims for compensation arising from historical child sexual abuse
- Advising on multi-party actions in the District Court with multiple defendants and third party proceedings
- Acting as instructing solicitor in preparation for trial at the District Court and negotiating informal resolutions prior to trial at pre-trial conferences and mediations
- Appearing at the District Court for originating summons hearings and interlocutory proceedings
- Appearing at WorkCover for conciliation conferences, directions hearings, pre-arbitration conferences and costs assessments.
Emma is highly regarded for her technical advice and proactive and commercial approach to achieving favourable, cost-effective outcomes for her clients.