EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Meredith has experience working both in private practice and in-house, on behalf of doctors and allied health staff. She spent 13 years working as the Head of Legal Services at a large, acute teaching hospital in London which involved interacting closely with all levels of medical staff in a wide variety of medico-legal contexts. She is an experienced speaker on many areas of health law.
As a result of her extensive experience, Meredith is particularly well-equipped to work with clinical staff in defending claims, preparing for inquests, assisting in
registration and disciplinary responses, and providing advice on legal matters that arise within a health setting. Meredith has also sat on a clinical ethics committee in the UK.
Clients value Meredith’s down-to-earth approach as an experienced and skilled legal technician who, as a result of working in-house, also has a good understanding of the practical difficulties facing health practitioners in their everyday work.
Meredith’s reported decisions include:
- Withdrawal of treatment (children): King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and T,V and ZT  EWHC 3315 (Fam); King’s College Hospital NGS Foundation Trust and MH  EWHC 1920
- Capacity to refuse treatment: King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and C&V  EWCOP 80 (reported internationally)
- Capacity/best interests re Iranian doctor on hunger strike: King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and T,V and ZT  EWHC 3315 (Fam)
- Represented King’s College Hospital in 8 hearings in coronial proceedings leading up to High Court decision Esegbona and King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust  EWHC 77 (QB)
- Represented the second and third respondents in Lang v McArthur & Ors  QSC 119