EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Eric’s expertise includes mergers and acquisitions (public and private), equity capital markets and corporate/commercial law. From his time in-house, he also has a high level of understanding of issues facing the automotive and manufacturing sectors (including competition and consumer law), dealing with regulatory investigations and enforcement.
Eric’s clients trust and appreciate his energy and insights to provide timely, meaningful advice on complex legal matters. Eric’s clients value his commercially minded approach, enthusiasm and teamwork as well as his interest in their businesses, including the opportunities and challenges they face.
Eric’s recent transactions include:
- Acting for a regional Victoria based joint venture involving a major ASX listed mining and building materials group in its $160 million acquisition of a longstanding NSW based quarrying and mining services group
- Acting for an ASX listed major cyber-security and IT services group in relation to:
- its acquisition of business and government cyber security provider for approximately $12 million
- its acquisition of a network, endpoint, application and cloud security services as well as identity solutions and other managed security services cyber security provider for approximately $15 million
- its acquisition of an Asia Pacific secured cloud services provider for approximately $20 million
- its acquisition of a Sydney based managed security services provider for approximately $21 million (including advising on a pre-completion restructure of the target group together with an ancillary minority investment in demerged assets)
- Acting for the founders and senior management stakeholders of a logistics software development business in its $15 million sale to private equity funds advised by US and Singapore based managers
- Acting for a UK based AIM listed aeronautical and defence provider in its $6.5 million acquisition of a Brisbane based defence software developer as well as its post-acquisition restructure in relation to intellectual property rights and operations
- Acting for a well-known not-for-profit disability services and accommodation provider in relation to its acquisition of a Northern Melbourne disability services business and property from a global not-for-profit organisation.
As in-house counsel of a global automotive manufacturer, Eric’s experience includes:
- Dealings and negotiations with the ACCC in connection with a global, high profile product recall, including participation in industry consultation groups relating to strategic planning, implementation and monitoring of compulsory recall notice obligations
- Advising in connection with the disposal of a major dealership business to an ASX-listed automotive group
- Advising in connection with the demolition and redevelopment of a flagship automotive dealership site in Sydney
- Advising on strategic business projects regarding future product and technology offerings and the restructure of longstanding sales channel arrangements.
During his career, Eric has also acted for:
- A branch of an overseas based sovereign wealth fund in its acquisition of a regional military equipment design and manufacturing business
- Interests associated with a politically exposed family group regarding the restructure, recapitalisation and disposal of various telecommunications and banking business interests in the Middle East, West Africa and the Indian Subcontinent
- European aerospace and defence companies in the establishment of joint ventures in the Middle East to supply and manufacture hardware, systems and ongoing services to a regional allied defence force
- A formerly ASX-listed infrastructure management company in the establishment of business operations and joint ventures in Qatar, Saudi Arabia and UAE
- Various companies involved in public M&A transactions by way of off-market takeover bids and schemes of arrangement by local and overseas based companies and private equity funds
- A major Australia electricity generator, distributor and retailer in its first acquisition of a renewable energy (wind) generation business.