EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Lucinda has broad experience in both litigious and non-litigious employment-related matters, where she has assisted clients to reach favourable outcomes. She has experience of acting for and advising clients across a range of jurisdictions including in the Fair Work Commission, courts and tribunals.
Lucinda acts for public and private sector clients across a number of industries, and has particular expertise in the education and healthcare sectors, providing advice on workplace matters to healthcare providers and individual practitioners, as well as a number of Melbourne schools.
She also advises medical practitioners in respect of professional regulatory matters with particular focus on AHPRA notifications and investigations concerning performance and conduct allegations.
Having worked as an in house employment law counsel for two large corporations in London, and been seconded to a medical defence insurer client in Melbourne, Lucinda is known for providing pragmatic, commercial and solutions-driven advice that is tailored to the client’s needs.
- Defending and appearing on behalf of a medical practice group in respect of a VCAT claim for unlawful discrimination regarding the requirement to wear a face mask resulting in agreed withdrawal of application without financial settlement
- Defending and appearing on behalf of a medical practice in respect of an application for general protections involving dismissal at the Fair Work Commission resulting in agreed discontinuance of application without financial settlement
- Drafting and advising employers on employment policies, employee handbook, and occupational health and safety policies and procedures, including those related to the management of COVID-19
- Advising on the application of employees’ post-employment obligations, including in respect of confidential information and restraint of trade
- Advising employers in respect of events across the employee’s employment period including preparing appropriate letters of offer and contractual materials, managing absences or conduct or performance issues, and advising regarding conducting a fair termination process and minimising risk of any consequent litigation. This includes the ability to issue lawful and reasonable directions in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and regarding vaccination.
- Advising clients on the application and interpretation of privacy legislation including whether there has been an eligible data breach, and notification obligations to the individual(s) concerns and/or the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner