EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Christopher has had the pleasure of collaborating with Owners Corporations, their members, managers, developers and insurers since 2018 so has in-depth experience of the challenges they face..
Christopher’s experience includes providing advice on interpretations and alterations to strata plans and plans of subdivision, building defects disputes, drafting, registering and enforcement of owners corporation rules, owners corporation debt recovery and enforcement processes, owners corporation asset management and governance. His experience also covers disputes arising under the Owners Corporations Act 2006 and Owners Corporations Regulations 2018.
Christopher regularly appears before the:
- Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal
- Magistrates’ Court of Victoria
- Federal Court of Australia
- Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia.
With an understanding of the interplay between the law and his clients’ strategies, Christopher is conscious of delivering prompt, calculated and practical advice.
Chris’s major matters include:
- Acted on behalf of owners corporations, private lot owners and builders in relation to building disputes including multi-million dollar building and cladding defects claims.
- Acted for Owners Corporations in relation to breach of special/model rules, implied easements, including appearances at contested and uncontested hearings for some of Victoria’s most prominent buildings.