EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
David regularly appears as an advocate in hearings in NSW, and at interlocutory contested Court events, and mediations.
Other areas of expertise include advising on the defence of claims in which fraud is involved or alleged, and defending and pursuing recovery claims. In addition, David frequently advises on policy construction, interpretation and indemnity issues.
David’s experience includes:
- Acting for an insurer in a nervous shock claim by a US resident arising from the death of her daughter in a motor vehicle accident in Queensland. This claim involved complex issues of US tax liability on any settlement or verdict sum.
- Acting for a Lloyds Syndicate and London Market-based insurers in professional indemnity cases involving accountants, builders, real estate agents, architects and engineers
- Acting for a Lloyds Syndicate and London Market-based insurers in dual insurance
- Defending the interests of the Roads and Maritime Services NSW (the former NSW Roads and Traffic Authority) in public liability claims for property damage and personal injury arising from engineering aspects such as bridge and road design and construction and traffic control systems
- Acting for an insurer in a product liability case involving an insured Australian printing company in connection with issuing a substantial quantity of betting tickets to a Hong Kong betting agency
- Acting for insurers in numerous motor vehicle property damage claims; product liability cases involving boat design, professional indemnity cases involving marine engineers and construction and engineering cases involving property damage.