EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Lilian provides legal advice and assistance to her clients through the entire employment cycle from initial hiring, determining award coverage through to contract termination.
She has advised on a range of workplace law matters, including those involving:
- Employee entitlements and benefits
- Employment contracts and contractor agreements
- State and federal discrimination claims
- Unfair dismissal and general protection claims
- Disciplinary processes and workplace investigations
- Enforcement of post-employment obligations
- Interpretation of industrial instructions, including modern awards and enterprise agreements
- Labour hire arrangements
- Workplace policies and training
- Transfer of business
- Managing ill and injured workers
- Building industry safety matters, including advice on various Australian Standards
Lilian has assisted clients in a diverse range of industry sectors, including health, insurance, education, not-for-profit, building and construction and manufacturing.
By working closely with clients to identify their relevant workforce problems, she is able to help clients achieve their desired outcome in a collaborative, practical and responsive way.
Lilian has completed a secondment with the Fair Work Ombudsman Legal and Compliance team.
Examples of matters Lilian has acted and advised in include:
- Representing a peak business organisation as part of the Annual Wage Review of Modern Awards in the Fair Work Commission to achieve sensible amendments to modern awards in the construction sector
- Conducting a formal workplace investigation for a global manufacturing business, involving multiple interviews and reports with recommendations for appropriate disciplinary action
- Assisting with the drafting of enterprise agreements and the associated bargaining strategy for a disability employment service company, large national clothing manufacturer and civil construction company
- Preparing employer response and witness statements for an unfair dismissal claim in the Fair Work Commission and pleadings in a small claim under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) in the Federal Circuit Court
- Appearing at conciliations on behalf of clients in a variety of matters in the Fair Work Commission, Queensland Industrial Relations Commission and Australian Human Rights Commission.
Recognised on the Women Lawyers Association of Queensland 2019 Inspo List.