Pro bono is a priority
Our National Pro Bono Committee oversees, champions and coordinates each of our offices activities to ensure that we can continue to make a difference locally and nationally.
Delivery of pro bono legal services remains a high priority for the firm, and we are proud to be a signatory to The National Aspirational Pro Bono Target.
In line with our values our services are delivered to a range of organisations across Australia, including:
- Numerous community legal centres / Citizens Advice Bureaux
- Mission Australia
- Prisoners Legal Service
- Homeless Persons Legal Services
- Domestic violence support services
- The National Centre Against Bullying, part of the Alannah & Madeline Foundation
- Not-for-profit community groups focused on supporting children or the elderly
- Asylum Seeker Resource Centre / Refugee and Immigration Legal Centre
- Health-related not-for-profit community groups.
We also employ a number of permanent placements in community legal centres to ensure continuous support.