EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Sallie’s far-reaching expertise spans development (including structuring for master developments), leasing, sales, project finance (predominantly Islamic finance) support, operator agreements and concessions (hotels, hospitals, schools and labour accommodation) and legal transactions across all sectors of real estate including retail, commercial, industrial, health, education and hospitality. She has also advised on energy and infrastructure projects.
During her career in Australia and the Middle East, Sallie has advised on and acted in connection with numerous landmark projects involving Australian companies whose names are known nationally as well as major corporations with global brands. Many of these projects involve multimillion dollar transactions.
Sallie joined Moray & Agnew mid-2018 from a top tier global law firm. She previously headed up the real estate team in the United Arab Emirates office of a London-based law firm with a strong presence in the GCC region. In this role – based in Dubai – Sallie was also leader of the regional hospitality practice.
Recently, Sallie has been involved in the following significant matters:
- Acting for a global e-commerce distributor on the structuring and acquisition of its new Australian distribution facility to support its expansion into the Australian market
- Acting on the acquisition of Ford Australia’s former Broadmeadows and Geelong manufacturing sites and also on its high profile acquisition of the GM-Holden’s former manufacturing site in Elizabeth, South Australia
- Acting on the national rollout of solar rooftop leases over industrial properties throughout Australia
- Acting on the acquisition by an investment fund of a $35m, 72,000 sqm industrial estate at 600 Geelong Road, Brooklyn Victoria with seven warehouses, including the ongoing estate/asset management work
- Acting on the circa $100m acquisition of a hotel and retail shopping mall including due diligence, negotiation of suite of sale contracts, advising on the suite of hotel management agreements and foreign ownership matters
- Advising a Singaporean consortium on its $275m acquisition of a Sydney office tower from Propertylink Funds management
- Acting for a syndicate in respect of their formation of partnerships with owners to acquire, develop, subdivide and own sites in Victoria –ventures under the ‘baugruppen model’
- Advising an ASX-listed client on real estate due diligence relating to its $35m acquisition of a corporate group, as well as advising on a suite of real estate and environmental warranties, given the health of the leasing portfolio
- Developing, negotiating and finalising a suite of agreements for the development and operation of 348 apartments and 106 serviced hotel apartments in a 5 star hotel complex with approximately 3,000m2 of commercial space. This is in addition to acting for the developer of on its off-plan sales for it 348 residential and serviced apartments
- National clients including Bunnings, Officeworks, Target, Kmart and AECOM in various commercial, industrial, office and retail leasing and development matters and subleases across Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, Western Australia and South Australia