EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Rachael was admitted as a solicitor in 2013 and joined Moray & Agnew in 2015.
Rachael provides advice on complex indemnity and contractual issues, liability, quantum and strategy on a range of claims in Queensland and in other states.
The majority of Rachael’s work involves defending multi-party claims acting for construction companies, theme park operators, tradespeople, hotels, banks, licensed premises, schools, casinos, not-for-profit organisations, product and food manufacturers, fitness centres, real estate agents, landlords and security providers.
Rachael has experience in running matters to trial and has been involved with Coronial investigations and investigations conducted by Workplace Health and Safety Queensland.
Rachael also has experience in matters involving fraud, and in running plaintiff actions involving large scale commercial and fire recovery claims.
Rachael’s experience includes:
- Assisting to obtain a successful result in a quantum-only trial in Elizabeth Ann Findlay v Queensland Folk Federation Inc and Ors  QDC 087
- Obtaining a successful outcome in the decision of Kleeman v The Star Entertainment Group Limited and Another  QSC 332
- Assisting in the investigation and defence of various claims arising out of a theme park accident resulting in several fatalities
- Providing advice on indemnity and settling various property damage claims arising from an explosion at a Café causing several fatalities
- Defending various catastrophic claims
- Currently running a large scale property damage claim in the Federal Court arising from a fire at a motor vehicle dealership.