Experience & Expertise
Juliette’s practice includes property and construction litigation, as well as general commercial litigation. She acts for a wide range of clients including builders, developers, subcontractors, building surveyors, owners, tenants, high-net worth individuals, organisations and businesses.
She has acted for clients in all Victorian jurisdictions as well as Royal Commissions, and has acted in a number of high profile disputes spanning the Supreme Court, the Federal Court and the High Court of Australia.
Juliette enjoys providing commercial and pragmatic advice to clients to assist in the resolution of disputes as promptly and efficiently as possible.
Juliette regularly advises clients on the dispute resolution process and provides advice on strategy to resolve disputes. Juliette also assists in the interpretation of contractual agreements, including construction-related agreements, and assists in drafting deeds of amendment and deeds of settlement.
Juliette acts for clients in a range of litigation including:
- Assisting clients with property and construction-related disputes, including claims involving allegations of breach of contract, professional negligence, breach of lease, misleading and deceptive conduct, nuisance, combustible cladding, defective building works, an unreasonable flow of water and claims made pursuant to the Building and Construction Industry (Security of Payment) Act 2002 (Vic) (the Act), including judicial review of adjudication determinations made pursuant to the Act in the Supreme Court of Victoria..
- Assisting clients in a broad range of contractual and tortious disputes, and advising clients in respect of Royal Commissions.
Juliette has acted in the following high profile disputes.
- Successfully defending a former director of IOOF Holdings Limited in proceedings instituted by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority in the Federal Court in Sydney to disqualify the director for alleged breaches of the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993 (Cth), with the trial held over a period of three weeks before the Honourable Justice Jagot in July 2019.
- Acting for the liquidators of Legend International Holdings Inc (in liquidation) in proceedings in the Supreme Court of Victoria and the High Court of Australia in relation to various transactions held by the Supreme Court to be uncommercial and voidable transactions.
- Acting, as part of a team of solicitors assisting the Royal Commission into Trade Union Governance and Corruption and assisting clients involved in the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety.