Experience & Expertise
John is a trusted adviser and advocate for his clients in the industry, including developers, investors, property managers and financiers.
John represents his clients with managing significant projects, including commercial offices, shopping centres, hotels, entertainment precincts and mixed-use properties.
John has considerable experience assisting his clients managing all stages of residential, commercial and industrial developments.
Prior to commencing legal practice in 2012, John worked in taxation at Deloitte.
Drawing on his finance and accounting background, and actively collaborating other advisors, John provides considered advice and delivers practical and commercial outcomes for his clients.
John’s experience includes:
- Acting for local and overseas investors and developers in acquisition, due diligence and disposal relating to development land, office towers, shopping centres, childcare centres, hotels and other commercial and industrial assets
- Acting on the sale and acquisition of hospitality assets, including hotels, restaurants, pubs and resorts
- Advising and negotiating finance, including loan agreements and security documentation.
- Leasing for office towers and shopping centres
- Delivering off the plan developments
- Representing vendors, purchasers and nominees in relation to complex nomination arrangements
- Advising, negotiating and documenting joint venture, co-ownership arrangements and partition arrangements
- Advising clients on rights of termination under off-the-plan contracts
- Advising on and obtaining regulatory consents and approvals (including Foreign Investment Review Board approvals)
- Acting for the Department of Education and Training and Department of Health and Human Services in acquisitions and disposals of public land and infrastructure. Property applications involving adverse possession, subdivision, amending and creating easements and leasing
- Acting for the Country Fire Authority in the purchase and sale of land and property applications.
John is recommended for his property work in the 2022 edition of renowned legal directory The Legal 500.