EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Anthony has extensive experience in insurance law, specialising in professional indemnity, directors and officers liability, construction / project claims, class actions and insurance coverage advice.
With over three decades of experience, Anthony has advised on several thousand professional indemnity claims. He acts for insurers in major claims against all types of professionals including accountants and auditors, insurance intermediaries, securities and investment industry intermediaries, trustees and financial institutions, mortgage brokers, property industry professionals such as real estate agents and valuers, lawyers, architects, all classes of engineers, surveyors and builders, rural and agricultural advisers, health industry professionals and universities.
He has also advised insurers on a number of representative actions against company directors, professionals and trustees.
He has significant experience advising in other classes of claims including claims against banks, fidelity and information technology liability.
Anthony has extensive experience advising on policy interpretation issues.
Recent instructions include:
- Advising project policy insurers in relation to several major infrastructure project claims
- Advising insurers regarding a major shareholder class action
- Advising insurers regarding major claims against company directors, following corporate insolvencies
- Advising insurers on several multimillion dollar claims against accountants.
Anthony is particularly well known for his longstanding and widely recognised expertise in insurance advice work. He has acted for insurers in litigated coverage disputes determined in favour of the insurer at appellate level.
Recognised by various independent global legal guides, including:
- Ranked in the peer-reviewed Best Lawyers® in Australia list each year from 2012 to date
- Ranked as Preeminent in the list of Leading Professional Indemnity Lawyers (Defendant) – Victoria by Doyle’s Guide 2020.